Saturday, June 11, 2016

Wellth Managment Retreat at IMT, Nagpur

This event was very special to me in more than one way Prof. Brahma, a friend of Gen Chatterjee in Auroville, has become a friend over the years. he and Mrs Brahma liked my workshops very much. Prof. Brahma teaches at IMT, Nagpur and in a conversation with the Dr. Subhajit Bhattacharyya, 
the Director, suggested me as a possible visiting faculty in the area of Personal Growth.
When I spoke to Dr. Bhattacharya, he wanted me to first do a week-end program for the Faculty Members! I was more than delighted, in fact I was ecstatic to have an opportunity to share with such an erudite group - the faculty members of one of the top business schools in India. Wow! But, at the same time, I was apprehensive and scared to do a week-end retreat for such a  learned group! I decided to grab the opportunity and thanked the Director for his enlightened leadership!
The actual event took off here the prelude started. The IMT campus is about 40 km from the  city and most of the faculty members stay in the city and commute to the institute.  I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that all faculty members living in the city have checked into the guest house on Friday evening! The most pleasant surprise for me was the spontaneous participation of the group. Sometime, I saw a lot of reluctance in closed groups  in workshops. The participation in IMT points to an open environment with curiosity and thirst for learning - the true hall marks of an educational institution. I congratulate the management, leaders and every one of the group who contributed in building such an open culture.  It was my pleasure and privilege to have had an opportunity to share with such a wonderful group.
The icing on the cake was the learning's I had as a facilitator and the highest reward was the friendship with many of the group.
I really look forward to go back to IMT and enjoy a long and fruitful association with this great institute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment